Saturday, November 03, 2007

"They Say It's Your Birthday..."

...well it's my birthday too yeah! Well, not mine just yet...but Zach sure had one to remember! We had his party last Saturday plus we had our Halloween block party last Wednesday! Let's go to the highlights:

Zach and Emmy for Halloween
Emmy: "Dad, can we go on the hayride?"

Me: "Sure! I just need $5 for gas...and some hay...and a truck..."

Zach: "Man, what a rip off..."

Zach's Birthday Party
Me: "So Zach, how do you like the t-shirt I gave you?"

Zach: "What does this say? 'I Get My Good Looks From My Dad'? I thought you said lying was a bad thing Pop!"

Me: "Well...I didn't really think it was a lie...excuse me..." (goes off and cries)

Zach's Birthday
Emmy: "Ooh, this outfit will look just smashing on you Zach!...Zach? Where are you?"

Zach: "Can't...talk...drowning...in...own...presents..."

Well, there are a few highlights of our week. Zach is now officially two and now we can start having a little fun with something called: potty training! He was really getting into it a while back and then he discovered it was more fun to keep playing and let the underwear do the work...aye carumba. He'll get there though.

Finished my 4th week of training at Aegon. Now it's all starting to make sense now that we are going through all the motions instead of just sitting there taking notes and feeling drained at 5pm each day. Everyone seems to think I'll be really good at it. That's enough for me lol.

One of my favourite movies is The Breakup with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston. Cari keeps asking why I like watching how our marriage is lol. Personally I don't think I'm as bad as Gary (Vaughn). The clincher was at the beginning when the dishes needed to be done and Gary finds himself on the couch playing Grand Theft Auto which ultimately leads to them going their own ways. For a kid who was literally obsessed with Atari 2600 back in the 80's, I find myself very afraid of having any kind of game system for fear of having two kids who don't want to play outside anymore because hey, why should we when we can sit on our butts and stare blindly at pixels? Right now they love being outside doing whatever and I hope that never changes. Maybe one reason I enjoy this movie as much as I do is because I hope I never find myself as thoughtless and inconsiderate as Gary. Sometimes I feel like I am though. Always a work in progress I am.

No comments: