Friday, January 16, 2009

"Garden State"

Yes, the wonderful movie from 2004 has come to a Roller Coaster Tycoon megapark near you! If you have the game I mean. I've made a lot of these parks in my day but this is the one that actually has me stumped if i ever wanted to make another one. I call it "Garden State" because a big part of my vision was to integrate some of the rides into the actual scenery itself so the walking trails would be a little more exciting. So join me on a tour of in my opinion is one of the better parks out there:

RCT seven
Here is where you enter the park. The Log Ride is the first thing you see so it gets the most "first-rides". You can walk right over the ride along the hedge-lines bridges.

RCT six
If you stay in the garden-themed side of the park and take a left, it will take you to a ride I made called "Treetops", after the popular Four-Square move. It gives you a great view of the gardens plus it's a darn fun ride.

RCT one
Ahh, now we've made it out of the gardens and onto one of the ride islands! I've always been a big fan of the Roaring Rapids Six Flags used to have, so I created this behemoth featuring waterfalls, whirlpools, and tunnels.

RCT eight
Here is my winter wonderland island. Take the bridge (one of only two that lead you away from the gardens) over the six-train subway system I added to get you from one end of the park to the next as it is monstrous. Basically it features two go-kart tracks interspersed with each other as that ups the excitement rating on things like this.

RCT nine
This is my psychadelic masterpiece! One side is called "Skittles" and the other is called "Starburst". Any reason to explain that? Didn't think so. Starts you off with a 90 degree drop and never lets up!

RCT five
Here is my tribute to one of my favourite attractions of Ft Worth, The Japanese Gardens. My favourite part of this ride is the red loop-de-loops that you have no choice but to fly through at 50 MPH and possibly almost collide with another train.

RCT four
This is one of the spookier islands I created. Four individual coasters (named after horror characters i.e. Wolfman, Mummy, etc.) come out of their 'cocoon' docking station and race against each other forwards, then backwards. Got that idea from a fellow RCT'er Tim Fort. He had a whole city built on top of it, was really impressive. Also, you may have noticed a chair lift weaving in and out of the loops to add a little blood-curdling action as well.

RCT three
Ahh, a Connecticut in King Arthur's Court! Not sure what that means, but this is my medieval island contribution. Two coasters wind and weave their way through a somewhat expansive castle including towers. A food court sits at the base and there is also a ferris wheel if this ride is a bit too much for you.

RCT two
This is my International Space Station island. Two side-by-side coasters fly at the speed of light (or 60 MPH, whichever's slower), and there is also a water recovery bumper boat team close by in case someone should fly off the ship. Hasn't happened yet, but we're all very excited.

Someday I may create another park. Unfortunately the theme options are somewhat limited in RCT One. I have RCT Two; however, I cannot find the right program to manipulate the game to give me all of the new attractions. Later I found out that you can't do it because of the way the game is programmed. However, I will still try to make another park that features some of the new things. Hope you enjoyed the Garden State Tour! E-mail me if you want a copy of it for your own RCT game. Only $35! Kidding.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

PhWwoOoaAaRrRrrRrr!!!! I'm breathless.