Friday, January 02, 2009

"Holiday In The Park!"

Yes, good ol' Healthmarkets was nice enough to give us all free tickets to Six Flags' annual Christmas celebration. What's cool is they either bring in or make actual snow and create a sledding hill for kids (and a few adults) to slide down. Cari took Zach down twice and while he loved it, she was holding on for dear life ha ha. Afterwards we enjoyed a funnel cake and some hot chocolate plus we upgraded our tickets to 2009 season passes so now we can go as much as we want next year. I honestly do not see how this place can lose money when they charge $65 for a pass plus $11 for pizza and burgers. I guess Daniel Snyder can't run a football team or an amusement park chain. Here are a few pics:
Holiday In The Park 2008
Holiday In The Park 2008
Holiday In The Park 2008
Holiday In The Park 2008
Holiday In The Park 2008
Holiday In The Park 2008
My Christmas vacation is coming to a close :(

I have only worked four days since the 19th of December due to some shrewd scheduling of days off plus work giving us the day after Christmas off. It was sweet sleeping in so much. Plus, we stayed up till 2am New Years' Day and the kids slept until 10:30. That deserved a hallelujah. We had a great time ringing in the new year. Emmy even joined in by roughhousing in her room with her friend and chipping her front tooth! I don't think that was planned though. Fortunately, it was a clean break and the dentist will be able to either cap it (more $$$) or do some bonding (less $$$). Plus, she had to get glasses too! She is becoming a medical marvel on many levels. But hey, if glasses gets her better grades in school, then I'm all for it. I hope she can take care of them better then other things.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that Emily is only seven and a half. I want her to succeed in life and at times I feel I expect too much from her. So this shall be my new years' resolution: To let my kids be kids and to let them discover their strengths at their own pace. I still want them to be accountable for their errors and be able to rebound from mistakes to become stronger as kids and eventually adults. Emily loses things sometimes, which all kids do. Every year our family would go to Six Flags and I would always leave my wallet (with money in it) at the arcade and then not realizing it until I got home and my mom would ask if I had my wallet. But once I got my driver's license I never lost a wallet again. Oh sure, I misplaced it hundreds of times ha ha. But I never had to replace it. Same with my keys. I used to lose my house key on a weekly basis until I got a car. In fact, i still have the car key from my first car. Funny how a car can make you more responsible right?

2 comments:

Lil Bit said...

Free passes to 6 Flags again? - AWESOME!!! .. looks like y'all had a grand time.

What an excellent NY resolution, Mikey! -- looking forward to seeing pix of Em in her new glasses (and hope the dentist visit goes well)

Happy New Year! =)

Mike Overall said...

Yeah, I think we own a % of Six Flags sometimes ha ha...I have several resolutions but this one should be the most fulfilling.