Friday, January 06, 2012

"Back To Work..."

(SIGH)

(SIGH SIGH SIGH)

Yes, my much-anticipated vacation has come and gone in the blink of an eye and I had to go back to work...ack. But at least it was a 4 day week and Friday got here much quicken than usual. I believe I covered most of what we did but there were a couple of freezing trips to Six Flags we managed to squeeze in. I say freezing because by sundown it was downright chilly:

Six Flags Over Texas 1-1-2012
This is Zach, his friend Chelsea, and me on the tea cups in the Mexico land. My stomach just can't handle the constant turns and twists. By the time it was over I was near-hurling. But, I didn't.

Six Flags Over Texas 1-1-2012
This is the kids' version of the Superman ride. Zach would not ride this to save his life. But, after watching kids smaller and younger than him ride it and seem to enjoy it. he finally got on and as you can see...

Six Flags Over Texas 1-1-2012
...he had a great time!! We kept telling him it was more fun than scary. Hopefully this will start a trend.

Six Flags Over Texas 1-1-2012
I told Zach to give me a kiss and I'd get a picture of us. Somehow I turned out looking like Shrek. Still a cute shot though.

Six Flags Over Texas 1-1-2012
Cari and Zach said this was their favourite ride, and I cannot blame them. It was so cold they had fire pits everywhere. When you got up close to it you didn't really notice how warm it was unitl you walked away and the cold came screaming back and chilled you.

Six Flags Over Texas 1-1-2012
We usually let Zach play the game where if you pop a balloon with the darts you get a prize. Well, he popped one, and won...Superbear! That's the name we gave him at least. Hopefully he will hang onto this one for awhile.

Something I forgot to mention last month was when Dad came by my office and took me out to lunch for my birthday! I managed to work out a 2 hour lunch so we went to Chili's then over to Movie Trading Company to try and find some Christmas presents. I'm glad I went over there when I did cuz I found a movie for Mom that she didn't even know existed but was looking forward to seeing it:



Maybe I'll borrow it. I loved Field Of Dreams.

That was a great afternoon. Always glad to know someone who should be thinking about you shows he was. Good times...

Girl Scout Cookies are available today. Man...the next 7 weeks are going to be all about the cookies. Maybe Cari and Emmy will have some sales and Zach and I can do some park days. Emmy seems to be getting too old to go to the park but Zach can't get enough of it. We had some great weekends last year. I always feel he needs more parental involvement than Emmy ever needed. She just wanted to try things on her own and seems to learn more going through that than anything she could ever learn in school. She's always cursing the person or people who invented school. Zach enjoys school a little bit more, but that's because in many ways he is a lot like Science Boy, the comic book hero from Friends whose superpower, according to Ross, was...



...a superhuman thirst...for knowledge.

No comments: