Friday, January 20, 2012

"Cookies...Everywhere, Cookies..."

Ahh yes, the time has come that our own cookie monster Emily has picked up hundreds of boxes of Girl Scout Cookies and is in charge of selling them. So far she's at around 500 boxes, which is really good for 2 weeks. She has about 4 weeks left to sell them. We've been doing table tops like crazy:

Picking Up Girl Scout Cookies 1-7-2012
Here we are picking them up from the Fort Worth Zoo. We could have filmed a Cecil B Demille movie with all the extras.

Selling Girl Scout Cookies 1-7-12
Here Emmy is selling like crazy. She will do anything for a sale. Like dance.

Selling Girl Scout Cookies 1-14-12
The sun was extremely hot this day and there was no wind, so...that explains the sad / mad faces.

If she gets to 1,200 boxes she is declared a "diva". Not sure what that means but I think it involves a fancy party. All I know is 1,200 boxes equals 2 weeks of overnight camp paid for. So far she's halfway there!

We were at the inlaws Sunday and Zach, who never asks me to come watch him on the backyard swing set, asked me to come watch him on the backyard swing set. Turns out he finally mastered his fear of the monkey bars:

Zach On John's Swing Set 1-15-12
He was so proud that he didn't fall or anything. As long as I was out there I snapped a couple more:

Zach On John's Swing Set 1-15-12
Guy Smiley!! This iPhone doesn't take the greatest pictures but this one is a gem.

Zach On John's Swing Set 1-15-12
Me: "Okay Zach, balance yourself on the edge of the swing and then make a mighty leap into the air!"
Zach: "Um, Dad, I'm all tangled in the chain! I'm stuck!"
Me: "Well that wouldn't let Bruce Jenner stop him, would it?"
Zach: "No...I guess not...will you buy me a new arm if mine gets ripped off?"
Me: "We'll see."

I've been trying to organize all of Cari's iPhone pictures that we finally got off of her phone. Every now and then I'll see one I haven't seen before and really start to reminisce. Here are a few:

Rangers vs. Rays 9-25-09 33
This was at the Rangers game we took my mom to back in Septemper of 2009. Just the look on Zach's face is enough to make anyone smile.

Zach's First Soccer Season 2009
Zach didn't really have a lot of fun his first season playing soccer. But he has informed us that he would like to play this spring! Kind of bummed he doesn't want to play t-ball but maybe he'll come back to it.

Dallas Arboretum 10-17-09
Kind of a serious looking picture, but the background sure is nice. That was the best day.

Zach At Grandpa's Funeral 11-21-09
I hadn't seen this one before now. Cari did a great job capturing this one. Zach just looks real melancholy and sad even though you can't see his face. Kind of how JFK Jr looked when they were burying his dad. I really wish Grandpa and Zach could have spent some time together now that he's getting older. But...wasn't meant to be I guess. Zach and Emmy still ask about him sometimes. I try to recall as many stories as I can, but there just weren't that many. I'm sure there were times, but I must not remember them as well as I should.

No comments: