Friday, January 27, 2012

"Canyon Is Five??"

Well, according to medical records and a calendar, yes! Man, it seems just like yesterday she was born:

Various 2007 002
Aren't kids always better when they can't talk? ha ha.

Well, last Saturday we went to CanyonBash 2012 to celebrate her 5th birthday! Scott and Rebecca always know how to throw a kids' party, and this one did not disappoint. There was Pin The Tail On The Donkey:

Canyon Is 5! 1-21-12
Becky: "Hey Scott, isn't it called Pin The Tail On The Donkey?"
Scott: "Why, yes it is!"
Becky: "Well, where are the pins? These have tape on them!"
Scott: "Hmm, that's a mystery...I'd better re-read the directions..."
Zach: "Um, I'm blind over here!! Let's get the show on the road!"

There was a pinata:

Canyon Is 5! 1-21-12
Emmy: "Did I break the pinata open?"
Becky: "Mmm, not sure...judges?"
Judges: "Nope!"
Emmy: "Aw man..."

I didn't really get a look at what presents Canyon got, but I sure gave myself (and most of the guests) an early present:

Canyon Is 5! 1-21-12
If you look closely, I secretly tied a balloon to the back of Dean's windbreaker. Then, whenever he walked around the balloon would follow him about 2 feet behind him. He kept brushing it away when it grazed his ears and we all had to hold back our chuckles:

Canyon Is 5! 1-21-12
I'm obnoxious and I know it.

Sunday morning Emmy and I sold cookies for four hours!! Don't know how Cari does it way more than I do. It's exhausting. Get out of the chair, get back in the chair, and over and over. So, when we got home, Cari was about to take Zach to the park and Zach wanted me to. So we went to the hidden park AKA Jake Langston Park:

Zach @ Jake Langston Park 1-22-12
This is a really good shot of the both of us. I try to get one of us every chance I get.

Zach @ Jake Langston Park 1-22-12
Here's one of him in mid-jump. Again, I try to get one of these every chance I get. A bit blurry but all in all a good action shot.

Zach @ Jake Langston Park 1-22-12
I told Zach to look cool leaning up on that tree. Mission accomplished.

Zach @ Jake Langston Park 1-22-12
The spinning wheel gave him fits last year. But this year, with some height and strength added to him, he has mastered it. What you do is push off, spin around and try to make it back without letting go.

Tonight Emmy is selling cookies at Chuy's and then it's dinner time! Last time we were there I saw they had a fish taco dinner, so I got it, and I ate it, and man it was so good. Might have to get that every time I go there until I burn out on it, which, knowing me, I'm sure I will.

My stupid car broke down this week. It was Monday morning, and I had just taken Zach and Emmy to school. I was on my way back, and as I was turning into my cul-de-sac the motor went off! Everything else was on, but the stupid thing would not start. 20 feet from my house and this happens. I walked down to the 7-11 to put oil in but that didn't make a difference. Fortunately Cari is friends with someone whose husband fixes cars for a living and he was nice enough to come by and take a look at it. Turns out the distributor cap wore out or something so we replaced it plus put in new spark plugs and new wires and now it seems to run much better. Still makes a loud sound when I back up and the shifter has to be jiggled to get it into reverse, but for now it seems to be in good shape. So glad Daniel was generous with his time and helped me out. I only hope that when my time comes and I am asked to help with something I will do it freely and without any kind of expectations or grudges. That used to be one of my bigger pet peeves. But, lately, I've been open to doing what I can when I can do it.

No comments: