Sunday, February 17, 2013

"Back...To The Park!"

The park? Don't you mean the future?

Well, sometimes the park is the future. Lately I've been feeling like I haven't been doing as much for Zach and Emmy as I used to, in terms of taking them to do things that they are on the verge of outgrowing. Like the park. Cari had the chance to go to a Dallas Stars game with my sister, which left the three of us up to our own devices! Since we were hungry, we stopped by McDonald's (Zach's favourite place) and had dinner first:

Hooper Park 2-17-2013

Normally I don't go to McDonald's since their menu isn't the best for someone...or anyone for that matter. But this was kind of a special occasion. I'll explained later.

Next...time to feed the ducks! Some people use bread, others use crackers, but we used...

Hooper Park 2-17-2013

...Elmo cereal! Emmy picked this out as a joke when we were grocery shopping, and it tasted terrible according to her. What good is a healthy cereal when it needs sugar to make it taste better? But when you're a duck, you're happy for anything that comes your way. And man did the ducks eat it up:

Hooper Park 2-17-2013

They didn't fight over it much like they usually do, but...what can ya do, right? Duck fights don't happen everyday I guess.

Hooper Park 2-17-2013

I'm not sure what I was trying to accomplish with this shot. But I think I look pretty good here. I guess Advocare really works. My face got half-sunburned from selling Girl Scout cookies the day before. Half burned? How does that even happen? If there is, I always find a way.

Hooper Park 2-17-2013

I love this shot. This is the one that made the whole night worth it. You see...

For the last couple of Mondays, I've felt kind of down that I haven't been able to take Zach and Emmy to the park as much as I would like. More so for Zach. Emmy is probably okay if she doesn't go as much as she used to, but Zach loves to go every chance he gets. It's those chances that lately have been few and far between. Between selling cookies and sports and all the other things that have been going on, I find myself feeling bad that maybe I'm not doing my part. It's probably silly, but that feeling is there. This night helped make up for some of that. All I can do is all I can do.

No comments: