Friday, February 08, 2013

"HOW BOUT THEM RAVENS!!"

The...Baltimore Ravens?

Oh yeah!

Thanks to some bets I placed with some different people who thought the 49ers had a shot to win this thing, I managed to win a free lunch, a free Super Bowl party feast from Wingstop, and $40 from good ol Jay! What might i need this for you may ask? Well...the Wondershare company makes this program that can pull the movie off of any DVD and convert it into iPod or tablet format! I've been using their free version but it leaves this annoying watermark right in the middle of the screen. By registering it (and paying for it), that watermark goes away. My goal is to convert some of the kids' movies we have onto our tablet to use for the driving we will do on wherever we go for our vacation. We should probably start planning it now since we always seem to put it off until the month before we are actually off. Last year was really great. Seaworld was really fun as was Kemah and Moody Gardens. We talked about going to California and maybe seeing a Rangers game there. There would be a lot to see too. Hollywood, the Walk of Fame stars, and more than I can recall right now. I'd love to go to San Francisco too to see some of the landmarks featured in what is probably my all time favourite movie:



What's Up Doc! It is over 40 years old but has held up very well as a screwball comedy. Go to IMDB.com to read about what it's about but the exchange of dialogue is arguably unmatched. I'm trying to plan a game night with Dad and Keri and watch it together just like we did in the 80's. Was such a nice way to pass the time back then.

This morning was really cool. They had "Muffins With Mom" at the school so Cari took them up there about 7:20:

Muffins With Mom 2-8-2013

Well, that kind of freed up my morning, so I hit the gym since I won't be able to go tomorrow cuz Emmy has to be at the high school by 9am for a concert rehearsal. I did the stairmaster for the first time in a while and actually did 30 minutes at level two! I haven't been able to do that in a while. I felt really good when I left. We just finished Advocare for the second time and I lost 11.8 pounds! Nice to wear some shirts that have never really felt right.

Emmy lost a tooth last night! Of course, the entire event was overshadowed by Zach. First, instead of letting Emmy tell me like she wanted to, he ran in the house and shouted it first, causing Emmy to get really upset with him and push him to the ground. Zach then 'pretends' to trip harder and falls harder and hurts himself. Then he hides the tooth so Emmy can't find it which means the tooth fairy can't swing by and leave a $5er under her pillow. Cari and I had to sit down with him and talk to him about things like this, and I feel bad for Emmy because it takes away time that we could be spending with her because she needs us too, and it always feels like she's not getting the attention she needs. I think that tomorrow morning before I have to take her to rehersal I'll take her out for breakfast just the two of us and really let her know how much she means to us. We owe her that much.

Fort Worth Water Gardens

No comments: