Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"Emily Is How Old!?"

NINE!!

I don't believe it either.

My little girl is halfway to being 18 and all I can think is, where does the time go? I still remember the day she was born. The nurses cleaned her up and handed her to me. I was scared to death about being a parent even though I knew I wanted kids since I was a kid myself. She looked up at me and I saw her (at the time) blue eyes and she looked at me like hey, relax, everything's gonna be okay. So much wisdom for one day old.

Ahh, memories...

A few pix from her two-day celebration:

At Olive Garden

Emily Is 9! 7-24-10
Cindy: "This isn't coffee!! Someone gave me General Foods International Brand coffee in a coffee cup!"
John: "Oh who cares! I just found out they don't have cheeseburgers here! And they call themselves an Italian restaraunt."

Emily Is 9! 7-24-10
Jay: "Oh waiter? Garcon`? A little more wine sie vous plais?"
Jack: "Is it just me or is that wine bottle like as big as I am?"
Ethan: "If I pose like this do I look like I belong on Mount Rushmore?"
Me: "Um, sure, you betcha..."

Later back at the house...

Emily Is 9! 7-24-10
I got her some flowers because hey, who doesn't like flowers, right?

Emily Is 9! 7-24-10
The new Miranda Cosgrove CD! I actually bought it like 3 months ago but I figured it would be a better gift then just a random offering.

Then the next week she had a slumber party!

Emily Is 9! 7-31-10
Emily: "Oh my nose!"

Food for thought: them candles is hot.

Emily Is 9! 7-31-10
Yeah, this one will never come back to haunt her ha ha.

One of my favourite memories was waking up early on Saturday with Emmy and going out and going to fun places like downtown and the park. Even as it was happening, I knew we were making some cool memories. Feels weird but pretty neat too. Ask anyone who has grown up kids how fast that time goes and they'll snap their fingers. It really does go by super fast. Good thing I have assorted cameras as well as good ol' Blogger to remember as much of it as I can.

No comments: