Friday, August 27, 2010

"Schooltime is Here!"

Yes, Emily and now young Zachary have both started their respective schools this week!! Old hat for Emmy since she's been coming here for 5 years. She seems to be enjoying 4th grade pretty good. I met her teacher Ms. Bigam briefly and she seemed nice. Kind of unassuming. Maybe that's a good thing sometimes. But for Zach, this is brand new territory! Cari got him into a pre-k program through a nearby church and so far he's really enjoying it. Ever since he could talk (and subsequently talk non-stop) I always wondered how he would do in an environment where he has to be quiet some of the time. But so far, so good. I really wish I had taken some pictures but Cari took some with her phone. Soon...soon...

Took my external hard drive up to work and organized all of my pictures. Yes, I back them up religiously since Flickr may have some kind of meltdown at any given moment and WHAM! I lose them all. So far they've been the epitome of stability. But you can't predict what will happen. Anyways...this is something that would have taken me forever at home on our dinosaur computer but since work isn't as busy as it has been I have the time to do it. Now every single picture has a name and they're all in their own folder organized by year. Plus, all my collectables have their own folder. That one was the most fun to work one obviously ha ha.

Turns out I was missing some so I had to go to Flickr and get them off of that. I found a program called Downloadr that will download all the pictures in a set at once which saved me even more time! I'm all about economizing time these days. I wonder why. Anyways...I found a few pictures I had forgotten about over the years. If you know me at all, I hate forgetting about anything. Here are a few pictures that amuse me so:

Zach Sleeping
Zach tuckered out
He still has a diaper on! I can't rememebr the last diaper I had to change on him.

Ethan Eating Cake
Cari Turns 30!
Look how short his hair was! Now he has this moptop and all I can think about is grabbing a pair of clippers and cutting it Marine-style lol.

Emily eating ice cream
Emily_and_her_3rd_bowl_of_ice_cream_._._.
My goodness I can't believe she was ever this small. Where does the time go?

Cari with Zach on his first day
Zachary has arrived!
If Zach weren't so small already I'd wonder if he was ever this small. I can still pick him up though.

I've deduced that life is like being on a train going three miles an hour. It never slows down, it never speeds up, it just goes. Be sure to pay attention to everything you see because pretty soon it will pass you by and you don't get it back.



I wish I had figured this out before I turned 30. Most of my 20's was just one wasted day after another. But I'm not regretting it. I know that the meaning of life is to make each day count. Do something for yourself, even if it's just enjoying an ice cream cone or sitting outside and watching the stars. Every day. One thing. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: