Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Love Me A Four-Day Weekend!"

I think the title says it all yes? I had to use two vacation days because the kids were out of school for the fair and for Columbus Day. And, since I have to...have to...use all my vacation time before 12-31-2010 no better time! And what a weekend we had!:

Friday: Took Zach to his school, then me and Emmy went to Chick Fil A for breakfast, then to my mom's work, then to my work for our picnic which wasn't ready when we got there so we missed out (ugh!), then to McDonald's for lunch, THEN to Zach's school to take him a Happy Meal, then home. I asked Emmy what she wanted to to nxt and she said "Can we just go home and chill?" which I am always okay with.

Saturday: Went to Zach's T-ball game, then to Sam's, then to Emmy's soccer game, then back home where I...I...cooked dinner for us! My famous chicken-fried chicken with some mashed potatoes and steamed zucchini. We didn't eat untl about 8pm but I think it was worth it.

Sunday: Watched the Rangers lose ANOTHER game to Tampa Bay to force a Game 5 in the ALDS. Man, what is it with these Texas teams? The Cowboys embarrased themselves 34-27 to the Titans thanks to lots of Dallas-famous penalties. Did the laundry though.

Monday: The three of us went and took Greendad (my dad) to lunch at Chili's. Well, that's not quite correct. He paid for his lunch. At least this time I paid for the rest of us. Went home and after a couple rounds of Just Dance we went to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner. MMMMM!!

Sometimes people send me e-mails of cool pictures. I always say I'm going to feature them on here but I never do. Well not this time. Check these pix out:

Firefall 03
Firefall 07
Firefall 06
This is a waterfall reflecting the sunlight at just the right time of the day and it looks like fire is pouring down. Too cool right?

Old West 16
Old West 10
Old West 05
These are some actual pictures taken back in the 1880's and 1890's in North Dakota and Minnesota. When Uncle Dean sent this to me I responsed, "Thanks for sharing with us what it was like when you and Dad were kids." Oh how I slay me.

Lately I've been interested in our world's history. Although much of it was never recorded or written down, a lot of it managed to make its way into our current lives. Every time I watch "Back To The Future" I always wish it were really possible to travel back and be a part of everything. I know if you change even the slightest thing it would change history dramatically. But, of course, I wouldn't be able to resist and do it anyway. Take a bullet meant for Abraham Lincoln? John F Kennedy? John Lennon? What would be different today if I did? Something tells me I don't think we'll ever know. But it sure is food for thought.

No comments: