Wednesday, October 06, 2010

"Ranger Red Round-up!"

untitled
When the city of Arlington said they were going to have a celebration of the Rangers winning the A.L. West crown for 2010, I only had a day's notice to ask for the time off. So you can imagine my surprise when I got the afternoon off approved! So I stopped by Chick Fil A for my weekly Friday morning breakfast of a chicken burrito, hash browns, sweet tea and a little gravy on the side, then made my way over to the Ballpark In Arlington to see a few ballplayers, a couple of owners, and whoever else might show up. And show up they did! Some pix please:

Ranger Red Round-up 10-1-10
105.3 The Fan was there to broadcast the festivities. Since they air most Ranger games, I guess it's okay that they were there.

Ranger Red Round-up 10-1-10
Uncle Sam on stilts? Apparently so. No questions asked.

Ranger Red Round-up 10-1-10
Helicopter coverage! I thought it was going to land and someone special come out, but no such luck.

And now, the guests of honor:

Ranger Red Round-up 10-1-10
From left to right:

Mitch Moreland (relief pitcher)
Jim Sundberg (former catcher/broadcaster now front office guy)
Ron Washington (our beloved manager)
Thad Levine (asst. GM)
Jon Daniels (GM)
Chuck Greenberg (our new owner)
Nolan Ryan (um...no explanation necessary)
Mayor Robert Cluck

Another picture? Sure...

Ranger Red Round-up 10-1-10
Nolan Ryan: "Before the year I predicted whoever won more games would win the division...I'm so smart..."
JD: "Man Nolan's a genius..."
Ron: "Wish I had predicted that..."


I also videotaped the whole thing so I can watch it whenever I want. There was this nutjob who actually stood on a bench in front of everyone so HE could see better...you can actually hear me shouting "SIT DOWN!!!" over and over to him. Why are people so dense sometimes?

What a great day. Outside of a long-range view of a few players when I go to a ballgame, I never got to hang out with the team like that. One great day. And now I just found out that the Rangers have won Game One of the ALDS vs. The Tampa Bay Rays this afternoon 5-1!! Man it is a great time to be alive in Arlington right now. Only one way it can get better...starts with a W and ends with an S.

<a href="http://msn.foxsports.com/video/?vid=05728242-4d59-47a8-b61d-879957af9d13&from=IV2_en-us_foxsports_videocentral_player" target="_new" title="Rangers, Rays ready for Game 1">Video: Rangers, Rays ready for Game 1</a>

No comments: