Friday, August 03, 2012

"Emily Is How Old??"

ELEVEN!!!

Yes, it seems like just yesterday that she was brand new into the world:

Emily at 6 months old

Here she was, at around six months old. She's always been a fun kid, always ready to go do something fun and always finds fun in everything. I really wish I had a digital camera from the day she was born like I did with Zach, but there's no use in crying over spilt milk. Not that I would drink milk straight out of the jug. Eww! So, we went to her favourite place for dinner...the Garden Of Olives:

Emily is Eleven! At Olive Garden 7-26-2012

Emily: "Roses are red, violets are blue, who just came out of the closet? You know who!"
Me: "And I think we ALL know who that is!!"
Emily: "What does that even mean? What closet?"
Me: "Aw, don't make me explain what that means man...now I can't reveal my big secret!"

Emily is Eleven! At Olive Garden 7-26-2012

Aesop's fables! I had a copy of this when I was a kid and it really taught me some valuable life lessons, like...when you can't have something, act like you never wanted it anyway, just like the fox and the grapes. I found this at my home away from home, Barnes & Noble , and I knew she would love it. Sure enough, she started reading it when she got home and couldn't put it down. I really wish I knew what happened to my copy. Ah well. I can borrow Emmy's if need be. I bought this as a present that Zach could give to her. For some reason, he didn't rush out and buy a present and a card for her. This is a mystery we may never solve.

Emily is Eleven! At Olive Garden 7-26-2012

This is the card "Zach" got for her. It said "We live in a world of microwave bacon. How could your birthday not be happy!" Ahh, good times...

Emily is Eleven! At Olive Garden 7-26-2012

I think the shirt says it all. I seem to have devoted my life to making sure they never forget how to laugh. As long as I keep my current face, somewhere, someone will have a good laugh.

Emily is Eleven! At Olive Garden 7-26-2012

Homey don't ya know me! Pretty good shot of Zach and I. He "found" a fitted Rangers cap at Camp Thurman when he went there last. I think they had too much stuff at lost and found and were only too eager to let someone have it.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get Zach and Emmy to get out of the house in the morning and do something they way we used to do years ago before we got too busy. Emmy and I used to go everywhere...literally. The Water Gardens, Botanical Gardens, the Downtown Barnes & Noble, a bunch of parks. Hopefully we can find something really fun to do. Some of my favourite times were getting up early on Saturday and just hitting the road and not knowing where we would end up. We usually ended up at a Starbucks for a morning treat. I hope she remembers some of these things when she's older. I have brief flashes of things like that and I really wish I could recall more of it.

No comments: