Friday, August 31, 2012

"The First Day Of What!?"

School, man, school!! While the summers always seem to come to an end way too soon, the school year drags on and on until it ends, then everyone says, "Wow, that year went by fast!" But that's what happens when your kids go to school long enough...it always seems like the last five years almost didn't happen. Now normally we all go have breakfast somewhere before the first day of school, but apparently that's no longer the "in" thing, but I managed to walk in with Zach for his first day of first grade! Emmy knows how it all works so she didn't need me going in there with her and going "Oh Daddy's going to miss you soooo much!" She got someone named Mrs. Boyer and she seems to like her. Zach got Ms. Frey. Ms. Patsy Frey. Didn't know the name Patsy was still making the rounds these days, but what are ya gonna do? Here are a few pix:

Zach And Emily's First Day Of School 8-27-2012

Everytime I try to comb Zach's hair he flattens it out until he looks like Moe Howard. Emmy looked very nice. She's really coming into her own fashion style. Zach needs a little help sometimes though. If we'd let him he'd wear nothing but plain white t-shirts every day.

Zach's First Day Of First Grade!

Zach: "Um, Dad, how long are you going to be standing there taking pictures of me?"
Me: "Oh...just until you become an adult...oh man...I promised myself I wouldn't cry..."
Zach: "Good Lord man, get a hold of yourself."

Zach's First Day Of First Grade!

This is the picture that is on his locker right now. Pretty good shot. I like the "Zippity Doo Dah" lyrics behind him too. We used to sing that to him and say "Zachedy" instead ha ha. Ahh, memories...

Got off early today due to the Labour Day weekend coming up! So I went to Emmy's soccer practice and about fell asleep. Not because soccer is so boring, but because Cari and I haven't felt good for about a week! And when I don't feel good, I don't sleep well at all! I tried to sleep on the field but the ants wouldn't let me. So I followed Zach over to the park part of the soccer field and they have these hills set up for bike riders. Zach didn't have a bike, but he had his scooter!:

Dunlop Park 9-4-2012

Can't you see the fear in his eyes? He tried three times to go down this thing but after some scrapes he finally succeeded:



Never put a Flickr video on my site before. But this is a good way to start.

It really does seem like yesterday that I was walking Emmy into the cafeteria before her pre-k class started, and now she's got one more year before she starts junior high! Zach has a ways to go though. Hopefully he will realize how much fun these years of his life can be and not be so moody. He always seems to see the cup as half empty and finds it hard to believe that anyone likes him when he's in trouble for something. When he does that I sit next to him and try to make him laugh, even if it's about something dumb. I feel guilty sometimes because I don't seem to have much energy for things that Emmy wants me to check out or watch on TV with her, but I try my best to keep up with her.

No comments: