Friday, August 24, 2012

"Say It Ain't So Lance!"

Just for the record, I do not think Lance Armstrong cheated anyone. I've been keeping up with this story since it broke yesterday, and actually for a while now since it's been an ongoing witch hunt to try and ostracize someone who has raised nearly half a billion dollars for cancer research all in the name of justice. No tests of his have come up positive for anything...ANYTHING...but the hunt continues. Now he says he doesn't have it in him anymore to keep fighting and keep defending himself to people who seemingly have nothing better to do than go after someone "just because". I bet most of the world is on my side in this too. Moving on...

Went to the Ranger game last night!! We thought the game before, on Wednesday, would have been the better one, since a certain Adrian Beltre knocked three home runs!! But we went last night, and there was a fair share of spectacles:

Texas Rangers vs. Minnesota Twins 8-23-2012

Love this shot! I don't see the Marines doing any kind of salute on the field, and I love the team with their caps off during the Star Spangled Banner. Really patriotic.

Texas Rangers vs. Minnesota Twins 8-23-2012

Apparently when starting picther Roy Oswalt hit a Twin in the previous inning, that meant the pitcher for the Twins was allowed to try and hit a Ranger, and in this case, that meant a fast ball at the head of Josh Hamilton! Well, the umpire decided to toss the pitcher! Then the manager Ron Gardenhire AKA Santa Claus came out and argued so much the umpire tossed HIM too! Man it was awesome.

Texas Rangers vs. Minnesota Twins 8-23-2012

Needless to say, the Rangers won 10-6, and now have a six game lead over the Oakland A's and a TEN game lead over the stupidest team in the world, the Angels! Why are they stupid? They actually have a worse record than they do last year despite spending $320 million on two people. They can have CJ Wilson. Oh, and he's 9-10 this year with an ERA around 4.00. Money well spent.

Saturday we went to Babe's Chicken House to celebrate Emmy's 11th birthday with my side of the family. Well, half the crew got sick and didn't make it, but Grandma, Dad and Caroline sure did:

Emily is Eleven! 8-18-2012

Me: "Come on Dad, smile a little! What's the problem?"
Dad: "I wanted a hamburger, not chicken! I wanna go home right now!"
Zach: "Aww, cheer up Greendad! Look, I'll smile big enough for the both of us!"
Me: "Did you really think 'Babe's Chicken House' would even have hamburgers??"
Dad: "A guy can dream, can't he?"
Emily is Eleven! 8-18-2012

Yes, they made Emmy do the chicken dance. I may have unintentionally blurted out that it was her birthday to the waitress...and the manager...and the cooks...and the busboys...the cashiers...hostess...

Took a drive through Colleyville last week during lunch. I found a street called LD Lockett, and the houses and scenery are really nice. As I was driving, I passed these guys:

Wildlife In Colleyville, TX

Wildlife In Colleyville, TX

They seemed very excited that they had some company! The donkey either wanted me to pet him or wanted to eat my hand. Either way, I kept my limbs to myself. No one wants to sit next to a guy who smells like livestock, right?

We've had to learn some new things at work this week. Now I usually just go with the flow and take care of Mike...TCB...CYA...but others seem to want to cry and whine all the time. Come on people. The job market out there isn't great, and other than being here till 7 all the time, it's not bad up here. Very blessed to have the life I have and the people in it. Part of me thinks I worked hard for it, the other part thinks God has a special aura around me and is always helping me along the way. Maybe it's a combination of the two.

No comments: