Friday, August 17, 2012

"Say It Ain't So..."

Screenshot Of Ron Palilio's Death Announcement On Yahoo

Aw man, my former comedy hero, Ron Palillo, has passed away at age 63. He wasn't really a hero, but he was my fave Sweathog on Welcome Back Kotter. Also, I can do a really good impression of him, which made people laugh who had heard of him or the show. Which wasn't many. But this makes the 2nd Sweathog to die this year, with Robert Hegyes' Epstein dying earlier, also of a heart attack. Man, what is this country coming to when seemingly healthy people can drop because of a heart attack, but large people out there live to 100? Dad used to record episodes of WBK on VHS tapes for me. Was one of the nice things he did for me.

Emily had her second of three birthday parties! Cari took her and her friends to Sweet n Sassy on Saturday afternoon then Zach and I met them at Genghis Grill for some good meals, THEN we made our way to the Melting Pot for some chocolate fondue:

Emily Is Eleven! At The Melting Pot 8-11-12

Ads you can see, Emmy isn't crazy about me taking pictures of her when her friends are around. But we had a good time.

Went to the Ranger game Sunday! Yeah it was hot, and the seats weren't that good, but we still had fun. Even the boy got into the swing of things:

Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers 8-12-2012

See? He was swinging it over his head like he was tabledancing. Hopefully he has loftier expectations of his life then stripping for money. Is there anything loftier than that? Maybe...maybe not.

Zach and Emmy even got to run the bases after the game!:

Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers 8-12-2012

Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers 8-12-2012

The line for this thing was out the door! I mean literally...you had to go through three tunnels to get to do this. Cari showed tremendous patience waiting in line with them. Where was I? Camped out behind home plate with some employees waiting to get that "perfect picture" of course! Also, I was scooping up souvenir soda cups. I could only find two! I'll have to get them on here at some point. Blue and cool!

I went to Barnes and Noble today at lunch and read a Calvin And Hobbes book. One strip was where Calvin asks his dad for a piggy back ride and his dad says he's tired so Calvin lays on this guilt trip about how one day he will be too big to give piggy back rides one day and that he should do it every chance he gets. Really made me think of Zach since he wants one every chance HE gets ha ha. I usually will give him one even when he doesn't ask. But it kind of made me think about how no matter how much you do with your kids they still get bigger, and time is a resource we just can't stockpile for later.

I made this picture to show what Zach and Emmy looked like at age 4. I couldn't find a decent one of Zach shock shock but I managed to create this:

Zach Emmy

They look so much alike at that age. Same big brown eyes, same big smile. Homefully Heaven has a time machine so I can re-live moments like this.

No comments: